Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance (also referred to as ‘the charity’) needs to gather and use certain information about individuals. These can include supporters, suppliers, business contacts, employees, volunteers and other people the organisation has a relationship with, or may need to contact.
This policy describes how an individual’s privacy is protected and provides assurance that an individual’s personal data is used in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
Why this policy exists
This policy outlines how Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance protects and makes use of the information provided by individuals over the phone, face to face, in writing, and through the website.
The terms outlined in this policy may be updated from time to time.
In the event of a query about this policy, please e-mail: email@example.com or write to Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance, The Control Tower, Perth Airport, Scone. PH2 6PL.
What data is gathered
Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance may collect the following information
- Names of individuals
- Postal addresses
- E-mail addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Dates of birth
- Bank account details
- Motivation for supporting the charity
Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance will ask for additional information when considering job or volunteer applications but this information is only used for recruitment purposes and will not be disclosed to anyone other than those involved in the recruitment process.
Some of the people who have benefitted from the work of Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance choose to share their experiences to help further our work. This information will only be shared if the explicit and informed consent of the individual involved has been obtained, or that of a parent or guardian if they are under the age of 18. This information may be made public at events, in promotional materials, on social media, on the SCAA website and published documents such as the annual report.
How data is sourced
Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance collects information in the following ways:
- When given directly by the individual; this may be over the phone, face to face, in writing, and through the website.
- Through publicly available sources, such as the Royal Mail’s National Change of Address database; these sources are used to ensure records are up to date, and to check mailing preferences.
How Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance uses the data
The charity will use information to:
- Manage marketing preferences
- Record lottery data and prizes
- Provide targeted information on events
- Administer a donation, including processing gift aid
- Keep a record of a supporter’s relationship with the charity
- Contact supporters from time to time with news of the charity.
Controlling personal information
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018 gives the individual more control on how personal data is used for marketing purposes.
When an individual contacts Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance (or the charity contacts an individual) the option to ‘opt in’ or ‘opt out’ of future marketing communications is offered:
- Opt in to receive communications by Post or Telephone
- Opt in to receive communications by e-mail or SMS text
Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance will ensure the correct consent is applied to records.
An individual has the right to withdraw consent at any time by:
- Completing the options form included in letters sent by post
- Clicking the unsubscribe option on all Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance’s e-mails
- e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance, The Control Tower, Perth Airport, Scone. PH2 6PL
Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance will never lease, distribute or sell personal information to any third parties.
Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance will only share data
- with legitimate third-party contractors where necessary, to carry out the charities fund raising activities (e.g. lottery provider) and in such circumstance, will ensure any third-party contractor complies with the charity’s Data Protection & Privacy policies
- when required by law
Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance will always hold sensitive personal data securely and enforce strong physical and electronic safeguards.
The Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance website www.scaa.org.uk may contain links to other websites.
Please note that Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance has no control of websites outside our domain.
The charity is not responsible for the protection and privacy of any sensitive information provided to a website linked to scaa.org.uk.
Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps analyse data about web page traffic and improve the website in order to tailor it to visitor needs. This information is only used for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.